Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ultimate Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies


Dark Chocolate Chunks, Coconut Oil, Coconut Extract, plus Dried Unsweetened Coconut are what make these cookies Ultimate and just plain Delicious!

I started with my childhood favorite Toll House cookie recipe (thanks for all those yummy cookies Mom!) and adapted it to satisfy my coconut cravings!

I've said this before, and I'm sure I can't be the only one..but I do not like the icky stringy texture of shredded coconut. Just love the flavor!

 Already using several of Bob's Red Mill products at our house, they have made me a shredded coconut lover by drying this beloved fruit. It is now a new staple in our fridge! 

Coconut extract. I sneak a little in a lot of things I make and bake. I love the flavor it adds to my sweets, including these Homemade Caramels!

We're adding Dark Chocolate Chunks (yum!) and Coconut Oil (that's right) to the mix..
I mean, c'mon..you're gonna love these cookies!
After mixing up the dough, refrigerate at least an hour.
I like how pretty the cookie mounds look when I use my cookie scoop.
Bake @ 375 for 9-11 minutes.
I baked my first batch with 2-hour refrigerated dough.
I waited till the next day to bake the second batch. Win!
Karen's Ultimate Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
*adapted from Toll House cookie recipe*

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt (i use this sea salt)
1 stick butter (softened)
1/2 cup coconut oil (this is my favorite)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon coconut extract
12 ounce pkg. dark chocolate chips (love Whole Foods 365)
1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut (i found my 12 oz. bag for $4.39 @ Publix)

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
Cream butter, coconut oil, sugar, brown sugar and coconut flavor in mixer bowl.
Add eggs and beat well.
Gradually add flour mixture mixing to combine.
Stir in chocolate chunks and coconut.

Refrigerate cookie dough.
I like it best when chilled at least overnight to 24 hours.

Bake @ 375 9-11 minutes.

Enjoy Your Day..and Your Cookies!

Sugartown Sweets invites you to leave a comment.
I would also love to have you as a new member!    :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment