Monday, April 30, 2012

Cotton Candy White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats On A Stick!

~Cotton Candy~White Chocolate~
Rice Krispie Treats
On A Stick!
------------------------------------------------------
Happy Monday Everybody!
I was looking forward to making and posting these this morning. Last Thursday night, I was on the Duncan Hines website. I saw they were hosting a recipe challenge using their new "Frosting Creations Flavor Mix". I knew right away what I would make. But..I had a busy and enjoyable weekend planned with my family and church. So, I would not make the deadline for the contest. Well, this morning I went back to the Duncan Hines site..and there it was..someone had made Cotton Candy Treats. I thought, should I go ahead and make them and just not post them. (I had already told my grandkids I would be making them, and from their excitement I knew it was a good idea) But after seeing our recipes were different, I decided to post it. And..I must say, I like these! 
____________________________________
I used the Wal-mart Brand cereal & marshmallows.
 I bought 3 packets but ended up using only
 1 for this recipe.
 Melt 4 tablespoons butter on low heat.
 Add a 10 oz. bag of marshmallows..
 ...stirring to melt. When marshmallows are partially melted, stir in the flavor packet. When fully mixed, remove from heat.
 Stir in 6 cups Rice Krispies
 and 1 cup white chocolate chips.
 Press mixture in a pan prepared with non-stick spray. Mine was slightly larger than a 13x9 inch. It's easier if you also spray your hands with the non-stick spray as this stuff can get pretty sticky.
 I really enjoyed licking the bowl! I love warm Rice Krispie Treats and with the white chocolate chips, this was extra yummy!
 I am also dipping these. I used Ghirardelli White Chocolate and the remaining Hershey's chips.
 *******************************************
 I also swirled the treats with the white chocolate & sprinkled them with blue sparking sugar.
Cut~Dip~Swirl~Sprinkle
now....Eat!
Cotton Candy White Chocolate
 Rice Krispie Treats
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
4 tablespoons butter
1o ounce bag marshmallows
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 packet Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Cotton Candy flavor mix
Melt butter on low heat, stir in marshmallows. When partially melted, stir in flavor packet. Remove from heat. 
Mix in cereal & chocolate chips.
Press into pan prepared with non-stick spray. 
Cool~Cut~Dip~Swirl~Sprinkle~Eat!
*i tinted my white chocolate with
 Wilton sky blue icing color*
Sweet & Happy Baking
from 
Sugartown Sweets!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today! :o)

6 comments:

  1. What a cool idea my imaginative sister, I bet they taste as good as they look,and thats something I could do--keep em coming!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you my very intelligent sister! Make some little Shawn this weekend. :o)

      Delete
  2. I just bought a few packets of the frosting flavoring and am so excited to see how you used it. What a great way to flavor cereal treat bars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughing at myself..when I read your comment I was looking for the *like* button. Guess I've spent too much time on Facebook. Thank you Beth. :)

      Delete
  3. These look SO yummy! My kids would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dip it In Chocolate! My grandbabies ate these up! :)

    ReplyDelete