Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Candy Lollies!

~Easy Homemade Lollipops~
 Super Sweet~Super Easy~Super Fun!
While I do enjoy some winter weather..it's beginning to look a little blah around the south..especially with all our pretty Christmas lights being taken down.
Lollipops make me happy, 
so.. I broke out these colorful hard candies.
Jolly Ranchers, LifeSavers, etc.
Any hard candies will do. 
Just looking at all the pretty colors makes me smile :o)
You will need 3 simple items.
Parchment paper~Candies~Lollipop sticks
Preheat your oven to 275 degrees. 
Arrange candies on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Depending on what brand of candy you're using will determine baking time. I set my timer to 10 minutes but kept a check on them after 6-7 minutes.
Bake only two flowers or designs at a time. 
Quickly insert lollipop sticks as these set up fast.
 I love the colors of the Jolly Ranchers...
 but they didn't hold their shape like the oval shape candies. 
Still..really pretty :o)
 If I were a bit more patient, I would have waited until tomorrow to make a trip to the store for more candy colors.
  This one has a red hot in the middle. LifeSavers seemed to be the best choice for the centers.
The red lollie in the lower left corner is made with all Lifesavers. 
 Love!
 So pretty!
 Another view..
 :o)
 So much fun to play around with different designs.
 These would be great for baby showers, birthday parties, etc.
Just use the appropriate colors.
I like this white one made with all LifeSavers.
I swirled this one with the tip of a sharp knife as soon as it came out of the oven. This one is made with Jolly Ranchers.
I think these would look really cute on cupcakes..I might try that for my niece's birthday!
Happy Creating
from 
Sugartown Sweets!
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop my blog today.
I would love it if you would leave a comment letting me know what you think :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooh I love these!! They look like so much fun and they are so cute!! I may even be able to do this - haha! Keep on creating! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my own opinion, I think that those candy lollies are really creative and attractive. I think that its not easy to make those flat and colorful candy lollies. I know that my cousin would really enjoy having that kind of candies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayln! Actually, they are very simple..look at these instructions and try some for yourself. You will surprise yourself! :o)

      Delete
  3. Inspired by your lollies, I went to Walmart to get some hard candy and just started baking. I want to make a letter E for my son's birthday party...waiting...waiting...hope it turns out well. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh..Yay Jing! So excited for you..I love creating in the kitchen. Let me know how they turned out. Happy Birthday to your son! :o)

      Delete